Wednesday 17 November 2010

Charisma, The First Adventure

Off on a brand new adventure! Oh how I hope this is true! Follow me, up and over, under and sideways. Twisting, turning through literary genius, and probably some things that aren't so genius. (There's always one!) I intend for us to read and write, and even watch our way into where heaven begins. On page one. 

This is where we begin, with a whistle and a whimper, and as I read to you, and with you, prepare to be swept away in a whirlwind of books and stories. 

Where to begin?

With fantasy? Horror? Perhaps a bit of Science fiction? Well, I promise you that tonight (or this morning, I don't know where you are), I browse my shelves in search of the perfect book to begin with. Perhaps a book of beginnings? Or even a book about the end. Perhaps we will search for buried treasure, or even search for truth. 

With books we can stop the world from ending, or survive its beginning. We can save the princess, slay the dragon, pull enchanted sword from stone, or even set a curse in motion. We can read a spell book that saves a marriage, or we can have encounters of an otherworldly kind.

Will you join me? Will we have an adventure?

Oh, I hope so!

No comments:

Post a Comment